Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentines Wreath

I had the pictures uploaded then had to stop and forgot to come back to do this post. OOPS! Oh well. So here it is
I had this fabric and cut them into stripes about 2 1/2 inches by 11 inches. If they were not exactly that it still worked out. In fact to have them anywhere from 10 to 11 inches long looked just as good and once I had them on I could not tell. I had 4 different fabrics at 1 yard each. (I did not use it all, and am not sure what to do with my left over stripes.




The below picture is the order I put them on.

I got a wire hanger, because I could not find a Styrofoam heart that I wanted to use, and did not want to continue to look or pay too much for this wreath. I just used my hands and made the hanger into a circle. Then I took my first stripe of fabric and tied it on. I continued all the way around. Here is a picture (not a good one) of what I mean.

I went all the way around and was able to finish with the last piece of fabric so there was the same amount of each on the wreath. Then I "fluffed" the wreath and it turned out like this.....

I am unsure if I like the "hook" left out or if I will end up covering it. Right now, I am going to leave it. I do like the way it turned out, and am glad I made it. Now just to work on the couple of other Valentines crafts I want to, and hopefully get them done before the big day!

0 comments: