Monday, January 3, 2011

My December Crafts

I have been a busy beaver working on gifts and just some fun stuff I wanted to do. I did not get it all done, but here is what I did get done.
I made a bag and filled it with "coal" (Black licorice) for my dad. That is "all" he got in his stocking. We finally gave him the rest of his present(s). He got a HUGE box with a trio of western movies and a little silver box with a clue as to where he had to go to find the rest of his gifts. :) I am SO mean. There were only 4 clues. While he was searching around for the clues I hurried and put the rest of his gifts under the tree! What a meanie, but it was fun!

I etched some plates and cups and gave one to a cousin, and kept one for us. I have a couple more, but hey I have plans for them. I put some packets of hot chocolate in the cup and some kisses around on the plate and tied some cellophane up around them. I think it turned out cute, and I hope they enjoy the new tradition of putting the treats for Santa out on the plate and a drink to help wash it all down!




The I made a couple of these word trees. I still have not given them to who I am going to. (I am REALLY SLOW) I also made one for me! I LOVE the way it turned out.



Then I decided with baby #4 coming I need to make a couple of things. So I got some material and filling-pictured below

and made this

Now I have a nursing pillow/boppy. I am SO excited. Everyone who has one says they are the best but I just could not make myself pay for one. This cost me less than $10 to make!!! YEAH!
Then I saw this cute material

and so I made this


I made the pockets so I can put some diapers and wipes in a section and still have a couple of pockets for my stuff. I figured with baby coming, Ryan would still need the diaper bag in-case Aleana needs a diaper change and I am in dealing with baby. So now I won't have to worry and will have a cute bag for the baby's stuff and some stuff for me.
Then my little sister showed me this adorable wreath.

I HAD to make it. All you need is a wire hanger and some NON-zip lock sandwich bags. I just need to find an awesome ribbon for a bow. Check HERE for how to make it.

I did not finish THESE so that will be my never ending project this year. I really want them done by next Christmas so I can use them!

My little sister and I were going to make THESE but my dad's saw broke so we will put them on the to-do list for making this year for Christmas. Just maybe this summer we will finally have all our cute Christmas decorations ready for the 2011 Christmas season.

I have a lot more I will be working on and hope to have some done by the end of the month so check back later :)

0 comments: