Monday, February 7, 2011

4 U card

I look for ideas for cards on google. I found this site and found this card I really wanted to make

So I improvised and made it this way........
I start with a 8 1/2" by 11" piece of card stock (I just buy mine at Wal-Mart). I cut it in half so it measures 8 1/2" by 5 1/2"

then I fold it in half to that it measures 5 1/2" by 4 1/4"

I found coordinating paper, I have one patterned and the rest solids, that I wanted for this card.
Now to cut out the other papers
back ground colored paper 5 1/4" x 4", glue on as centered as possible

cut next color 3 3/4" x 3 1/2" and 3 3/4" x 1 1/4"

then cut patterned paper 3 1/2" x 3 1/4" and 3 1/2" x 1"

glue the patterned paper on the solid paper mentioned above

once those are glued together, glue them to the card as pictured

cut another coordinating color 2" x 3 3/4"

cut another coordinating color 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" (I emboss this one with my cuttlebug)

(for anyone interested, this is a cuttlebug, you can buy it at most craft stores, and then you will need to buy mats, embossing folders, and die cutters)

glue the embossed paper to the other one as pictured

glue to card

cut another coordinating color 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"

then pick your last coordinating paper and cut it 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"

now glue this to the previous mentioned 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" paper

glue the squares to the card

now I use my cuttlebug to cut out a 4 and a U


I then glue these on the smallest squares

I also use my cuttlebug to cut out some flowers with the coordinating colors and assemble as shown (here are what the flower die cuts look like that I used)

Here are some flowers cut before assembled

Here are the flowers assembled, I just did what I thought looked good and would stand out against the other paper it would be on.

I then glue on the flowers and you have your card


Now I thought while I was doing it I would go for it and made a bunch (7 total). Here are the other ones





If you have any questions let me know, but I hope and think I covered it pretty good. If you are wondering I used American Crafts paper for most the cards. The paper was double sided to help coordinate all the colors.

0 comments: